Fireplaces and Hearth
$300 U.S. Biomass Tax Credit Available
This federal tax credit encourages you to make energy-conscious purchases that improve the energy efficiency of your home. It is a $300 tax credit for purchasing a qualifying biomass product between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2016. Biomass simply means a hearth product that burns wood or pellet fuel. Click for details
Fireplace Makeover Gallery
Check out the before & after gallery of fireplace makeoversView the Gallery
Fireplaces are the focal point of any room. From the grandest of rooms to the smallest of spaces, we have gas, wood, electric, or pellet-burning.
A stove is freestanding and offers a traditional and charming ambience. Stoves can be conventional and efficient wood burners, convenient gas, pellet or electric.
Whether it is a simple facelift or a complete reconstruction, a Fireplace Makeover from The Place will be the focal point of your remodeling project.
Inserts are installed inside an existing masonry fireplace to provide a more efficient, clean burning fire. They can be wood, gas, pellet or electric.
You may not have to tear out your fireplace – maybe it just needs a new look! The Stoll ReFace is engineered to safely transform
Glass for firepits and outdoor art. Available in a customizable array of colors, it is the ideal replacement for outdated lava rock and ceramic logs.
Finish you fireplace with the finest pieces of art. Visit our showroom or check out Artisan’s website and call in your order!
Finish off your fireplace with an artistic and beautifully crafted mantle. Choose from a wide array of fine wood finishes to unique cast pieces. Products
Tired of burning? Add a gas log set to your fireplace and have instant beauty; without the work, dirt, and wood smoke that comes with
Complete your fireplace with decorative and useful tools. Hearth pads provide a stable, non-combustible foundation for any stove or insert and are required to pass
Top Ten Reasons to Add a Fireplace to Your Home
1) Fireplaces add value and desirability to a home. According to the National Center for Real Estate Research, fireplaces can increase the value of the average home by 6-12%!
2) It’s not as expensive as you might think. Remodeling a room by adding a gas fireplace can cost as little as $5,000 installed, resulting in a dramatic transformation to be enjoyed for years to come.
3) The investment of adding a gas fireplace almost pays for itself. About 91 percent of the cost of adding an “excellent” quality direct vent gas fireplace to a home can be recouped when selling the home, according to figures provided by Marshall & Swift’s appraiser’s handbook and the average cost of a gas fireplace, including installation.
4) Makeover your whole house, with one investment. By adding a fireplace to your home you can create a whole new living experience for your entire family. There are even see-through designs that allow you to impact two rooms at once.
5) It’s inexpensive to operate a gas fireplace. Based on national averages, a natural gas fireplace consuming 27,000 BTUs/hr will cost less than 20 cents/hr to enjoy.
6) Gas fireplaces are easy to enjoy. Bedroom, living room, bathroom or bar area – it doesn’t matter! There are gas fireplaces of all shapes and sizes that can quickly be installed in almost any room of single family home. Once installed, there is no need to deal with dirty firewood wood or smoke and byproducts every time you want to enjoy a soothing fire… just flip the switch (or tap you remote) and let the relaxation begin!
7) Gas Fireplaces can reduce your yearly heating costs. Often referred to as “zone heating,” the concept is simple. After turning down the temperature on the home’s central thermostat, the homeowner heats the areas of the home where the most time is spent (often the family or living room), with their gas fireplace. This keeps those rooms warm and comfortable and reduces the amount of money spent heating rooms that don’t get used as much. Gas fireplaces can also help you save on heating costs by proving warmth during unpredictable or “in-between” weather when it’s not cold enough for the central heat, but you still need some warmth.
8) New gas fireplaces won’t waste gas or electricity. When equipped with an Intellifire ignition system, the gas fireplace will only provide an ignition flame only when needed and has a battery backup system that supplies power to spark the ignition flame in the event of a power outage. This means even more energy and cost savings.
9) Today’s modern fireplaces can double as a piece of art, thanks to innovative, sleek designs and vibrant flames. The Heat & Glo Solaris is the perfect example of “fire art” with its Razor burner technology and continuous levitating flame.
10) Fire provides an inherent calming effect. Since the beginning of time, humans have been drawn to fire. Bring the soul-soothing effects of a lustrous fire safely in to your home with a gas fireplace, and you can begin to experience the benefits of deep relaxation. Make your own home feel like a lavish vacation destination!
Adding a fireplace truly makes your house, a home. And now, getting a new Heat & Glo Fireplace has never been easier or more affordable!